Sheebs'

The sarcastic view of a teenager-soon-to-be-woman who truly believes that the world gets stupider by the minute.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Expiry of The Road Tax

My road tax is expiring today. This poses a problem to me. You see, I’m not speaking to my dad. (Reason being he’s a cranky old man who thinks I can’t drive and require backseat driving assistance.)

As such, I am unable to speak to him to procure a new road tax. To make things worse, I already have plans for tomorrow night!

I have three choices in order to be able to drive out tomorrow night:

1. Drive the Naza out and risk scratching/bumping/ruining the car thus compelling me to replace/repair it.
2. Drive out with the expired road tax and hope to God that there are no policemen on the road that night.
3. Break my vow of silence and speak to my dad about it.

Since the third choice is out of the question (taking into account the fact that it was so obvious that my dad was wrong and it should be he who apologises and begins the conversation, not I)

The 1st is also out of the question as what little money I have in my bank already has plans to be invested into things that have absolutely nothing to do with cars.

So, as of 9.34 pm on the 20th of December 2006, I, Sheba Gumis, have resolved to take the risk of driving out with an expired road tax with an extra RM50 in my pocket to shake hands with any policeman I do meet on the road… assuming I can sum up the courage. :p

Wish me luck! (for that and for my exam results tomorrow!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home